Mayuri Haritha Vanam is an ideal location of eco-tourism project in district. located between Mahbubnagar and Jadcherla highway. This lies on the slopes of Bontagattu mountain (Appanapally Urban Lung Forest Block) range, the hilly slopes, valleys and flat mountain tops dotted with trees and a large spread of green forest cover all around provide the perfect venue for the tourists to enjoy the beauty of the region.
The Park is situated left side of the Mahabubnagar – Hyderabad National Highway – 167 proceeding from Mahabubnagar to Hyderabad. The distance from the Mahabubnagar town to the proposed place is around 10 Kms .
Timing : 09:30 am to 06:30 pm
Ticket : Adult: 20/-,Child: 10/-
Matrix the Lay Out Elements of Park:-
1) Senior Citizen Area: For the benefit of the senior citizens Nature Interpretation Centre, Walkers paths for walking and Meditation are planned for development, and they are completed, now Open Gym also established.
2) Youth Zone: Adventure Activities such as Zip line, Commando Tower, Bamboo Bridge, Wall Climbing, Hanging Tyre Bridge, Net Climbing, Ladder Climbing etc., kept in distance for development and for the benefit of the Youth, they are completed, ZIP cycle is established, Riffle shooting and Archery has also came up.
3) Kids Zone: Playing equipment, what they can do with it to enhance their creativity, for Physical and Mental Development, it is completed. Zip line, Zip Cycle and Zombing ball under Adventure Zone for Kids are established. Riffle shooting and Archery has also come up.
4) Green Park / Landscaping, Avenue tree planting hedge planting. Raasi vanam, Nakshatra Vanam, Navagraha Vanam, Kartheeka Vanam, Cactus Garden, Herbal Gardens are also planned for development in this area, some are under progress.
5) Overall the Urban Lung Space is planned for the purpose of creating awareness towards Forest and Wild Life, and also for recreation to all categories of people for their overall development (Physical and Mental).
Butterfly park where nectar yielding plants have been planted to attract butterflies and moths. Which was spread over more than 2ha, the garden is constructed in Butterfly Shape. The four wings of the Butterfly and its adjacent areas are planted with different butterfly and moth attracting host plants like, Cupia, Pentas, Porchlac, Tablerose, Verbana, Vincarosea, Telukondi, Chitramoolam, Jacaranda, Lantana, Hibiscus, Lavender, etc. The butterfly garden, situated at the entrance of the park is most attractive place for kids and adult. A pathway is provided around the wings with Kerbwall, so the visitors can go round the garden and enjoy the flying colourful insects.