Electors Verification Programme
Electors Verification Programme:
Under the programme, a voter from each family will get a username and password, allowing a person to upload all documents related to electoral registration and tag similar details about his or her family members.
How long will the EVP be for?
The programme will take place in campaign mode from September 1st to October 15th 2019.
What is the purpose of the EVP?
The purpose is to improve the health of electoral rolls and augment enrolment of all eligible citizens during special summary revision of the electoral rolls.
The one-time authentication of details and sharing contact detail would help electors to get an update on online application status, the status of EPIC, Election Day announcement, voter slip on their registered email and mobile number. Regular notification on modifications on Serial No. and details of Polling Station, Change in BLO/ ERO, all information related to Polling Station will also be shared with the Electors.
When will the list be out?
First, a summary revision draft will be published, with the cut-off date being January 1, 2020, and the final roll will be published by the first or second week of January.
What are the facilities available?
Voters can avail the following facilities:
- Verification and corrections of the existing details
- Authentication of entry by furnishing scanned/DigiLocker copy of one of the following documents:(i) Indian Passport (ii) Driving License (iii) Aadhaar Card (iv) Ration Card (v) identity card for Government/Semi-Government Officials (vi) Bank Passbooks (vii) Farmer’s Identity Card (viii) PAN Card (ix) Smart Card issued by RGI (x) Latest bill for water/electricity/telephone/gas connection.
- Furnishing details of family members and verifying their entries too.
- Updating details of family members already enrolled as voters but permanently shifted or expired
- Furnishing details of eligible un-enrolled family members (born on or before 01.01.2001) and prospective electors born between (02.01.2002 till 01.01.2003) who are residing with the elector.
- Furnishing GIS Coordinates of House (through Mobile App) to avail better electoral Services
- Feedback regarding existing Polling Stations and suggestions on alternate PS, if any
Can I do this online?
Yes, you can log on to the NVSP portal (nvsp.in) or Voter Helpline App. You can enter your name, family details and address. A form will be filled and submitted on the site. It’ll be an auto-generated form.
One can also fill form 6 and 7 to delete and add names.
Alerts will be sent to those turning 18 to fill up their forms.
What is the offline procedure?
You can visit Common Service Centres or any nearby voter facilitation centre at ERO Office to avail the facilities. You can also call 1950 Toll Free Number and District Call Centre- 08542-241165 . More information on the same can be obtained from the NVSP website.
Is there a fee?
Each Common Service Centre-CSC will charge a nominal fee, like Re 1 for uploading a document or Rs 2 for photo upload and Rs 1 for submitting Form 6. The fee will be displayed at each CSC.
What all documents can I use as address proof?
The commission has decided that in addition to the already approved seven documents — passport, driving license, Aadhaar, ration card, identity card for government/semi-government officials, bank passbooks, and farmer’s identity card; three more documents will also be used for authentication of electors’ details.
“These documents are — PAN card, smart card issued by RGI under NPR; and latest water/telephone/electricity/ gas connection bill for that address, either in the name of the applicant or that of his/her immediate relation like parents etc.