BRIEF NOTE ABOUT ACTIVITIES OF “TELANGANA STATE RENEWABLE ENERGY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED (TSREDCO)” IN MAHABUBNAGAR DISTRICT :
The Telangana State Renewable Energy Development Corporation Limited (TSREDCO) has nominated as “Nodal Agency” for implementation of New & Renewable Energy Programs in Telangana State.
The sole objectives of TSREDCO are to:
- Generate electricity through renewable sources like wind and solar on decentralized manner
- Conserve energy in rural areas
- Import and adopt viable technology and machinery in the areas of Non-conventional energy sources and ensures post installation service
- Impart training and to promote research and development in the field of Non-conventional energy sources
Vision & Mission :
“To be a pioneer institute in the area of promotion of Non-conventional / Renewable energy projects with state-of-art technologies coupled with experts and technocrats to present highly competitive and efficient products to the consumer”
The mission is to promote, develop, encourage, popularize and carry out consultancy, field research and experiments for implementation of Non-conventional / Renewable energy projects and gadgets sponsored by both State and Central Governments.
Programs & Schemes :
- Solar Energy Program
- Biogas and National Biogas Manure & Management Program
- Energy Conservation Program
- Wind Energy
- Biomass Energy
- Industrial Waste to Energy
- Solar Energy Program: –
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Govt. of India has allocated in principle target to TSREDCO for the year 2016 – 17 for installation of Grid connected Solar Rooftop Power Plants for a capacity of 70.00 MW and Off Grid systems for a capacity of 8.00 MW.
- Solar Grid Connected Rooftop Systems
- Solar Off Grid Rooftop Systems
- Solar Hot Water Systems
- Solar Street Lighting System
- Biogas and National biogas and manure management programme: –
The Govt. of India launched National Project on Biogas Development i.e., National Biogas and Manure Management Programme in the year 1981. The programme was included in the Prime Minister’s Twenty Point Programme in view of its importance to the rural areas.
- To provide energy in a clean, un polluting form for cooking
- To make available enriched fertilizer as a by – product for supplementing and optimizing the use of chemical fertilizer
- To reduce pressure on dwindling fuel wood supplies and prevent indiscriminate deforestation
- To eliminate the smoke-filled cooking environment, reduce drudgery and prevent eye and lung diseases to rural women and children
- To bring about improvement in rural sanitation.
- Tearless cooking and clean environment in the kitchen leading to healthier life for women and children
- Provides nutrient rich manure
- Saving of fossil fuels generating employment to rural workers
- Each Biogas plant of 1 m 3 capacity saves about 1266 kgs of firewood or 222 liters of kerosene or 12 cylinders ( 174 kgs) of LPG per year
The pre-requisites to construct the Biogas plants to the farmers/beneficiaries are
- Space to construct the Plant
- Water facility
- Energy Conservation Programme: –
The Energy Conservation Act 2001, (Central Act No. 52 of 2001), Government hereby nominate the Telangana State Renewable Energy Development Corporation Limited (TSREDCO) as “State Designated Agency” to coordinate regulate and enforce the provisions of the aforesaid Act, and also for implementation of the Schemes under the said Act within the state of Telangana.
As part of Energy Conservation initiatives and for promotion of Renewable Energy has prepared a plan of action to distribute 9W Self ballasted LED bulbs and other Renewable Energy Products in entire state at subsidized prices and in the first phase 9W self ballasted LED bulbs shall be distributed by TSREDCO to the public @ Rs. 65/- each on behalf of Government of Telangana.
- Wind Energy: –
Wind Energy is an indirect form of Solar Energy. About 1% of the total solar radiation that reaches earth is converted into energy of wind. Wind results from differential heating of the earth and its atmosphere by sun. As the sun heats different parts of the earth at different rates, air circulates from cold to warm areas producing winds. Wind energy has been used for thousands of years to propel sailing ships and for pumping water and grinding grain. The application of wind energy has several advantages like low gestation period, no raw-material cost, non-polluting etc. The development in this sector was accelerated after the formation of Department of Non-Conventional Energy Sources and later renamed as Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Govt. of India., which offers policy and financial incentives to projects based on renewable energy sources in the country.
5. Industrial Waste to Energy: –
TSREDCO is the State Nodal Agency for implementation of Non-Conventional Energy programmes and Projects including Power Projects from Municipal Solid Waste/ Industrial wastes.
KEY CONTACT OF TSREDCO MAHABUBNAGAR DISTRICT:
- TSREDCO Official website – tsredco.telangana.gov.in
- TSREDCO Mahabubnagar email ID – email@example.com
- T. Venugopal, District Manager – 80085 04065
- Abdul Waheed, Asst. Devp. Officer – 99630 57068