DISTRICT PANCHAYAT RAJ ENGINEER, PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT DIVISION MAHABUBNAGAR:
MAIN OBJECTS :
- Implementation of works programme in Panchayat Raj Engineering Department to achieve the targets of the Government.
- Design executes and maintains infrastructure facilities in rural areas under various programmes funded by Government of India (GOI), State Government and other agencies like NABARD/World Bank
- Assisting local bodies such as Construction & Maintenance of rural roads, village internal roads Construction of building such as MPP, Gram Panchayat, Community halls etc under various programmes..
- Carrying out the function inspection applied areas and preparation of Estimates desired by the Officials and Non Officials.
- Execute other Department works allotted by the District Collector such as PHC Buildings, 2BHK housing programmes e.t.c.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To connect all remaining unconnected habitations with all weather roads.
- Black topping (BT ) all roads connectivity Gram Panchayats to Mandal Head quarter.
- Maintenance of all existing roads to prevent deterioration to wear and tear.
The Government during the formation/reorganization of new Districts , have issued orders designated the PIU Divisions located in every District headquarter as District Office and District officer Designated as District Panchayat Raj Engineer (DPRE) and will act as District Head. Executive Unit of the Department is the division .Accordingly the Executive Engineer PR Mahabubnagar is a District Head and called as District PR Engineer (DPRE) PIU Division Mahabunagar. The PIU Division Mahabubnagar is having ( 13 ) Mandals jurisdiction and Executive Engineeer, PR Narayanpet is a another independent PR Division having ( 12 ) mandals jurisdiction .
DPRE He is under the technical & administrative control of Superintending Engineer (PR).. SEPR nomenclature changed as Regional Officer and his office has Designated as Regional Office.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DISTRICT PANCHAYAT RAJ ENGINEER, PR
- Executive Engineer is under the control of Superintending Engineer ,PR .
- Executive Engineer is the technical head of the Division.
- Executive Engineer is paying authority for all expenditures including work bills and responsible for maintenance of cash book cheque book etc., for all the programmes.
- Executive Engineer controls all technical personnel and Ministerial personnel working under him both administratively and technically.
- Executive Engineer is responsible to implement, monitor the programmes and ensure quality of works sanctioned in his jurisdiction under various programs.
- To collect information needed by the Superintending Engineer (PR), Chief Engineers (PR), and Engineer-in-chief and submit consolidated reports in time.
- Technical and Administrative control over Dy. E.E.s and Section Officers, projects and other subordinate staff working under his control.
- Executive Engineer is responsible for getting all vouchers audited by LF and AG Audits and he has to furnish all records needed by A.G audit at the time of audit.
- Executive Engineer is responsible for enforcing the conditions of the agreement.
- Submission of monthly progress reports and other periodicals to higher authorities.
- Inspection of Sub-Division offices to ensure proper maintenance of records and adherence of rules.
- Executive Engineer is responsible for maintaining the records and correctness of all financial transactions.
- Executive Engineer is responsible to assist Zilla Parishad in the preparation of Budget and annual account on Engineering accounts.
- Executive Engineer is responsible for procuring and using M.Books and maintenance of their account.
- Executive Engineer is responsible for proper maintenance of Departmental stores in his division and correctness of stock account.
- Executive Engineer is responsible to implement, monitor, ensure quality and complete the programmes and schemes sanctioned in his jurisdiction under the following sectors.
(a) Rural Roads Projects sanctioned under world Bank loan assistance and NABARD Loan Assistance and Special RRM.
(b) Rural roads – Construction and maintenance of all rural roads.
(c) Wage Employment Scheme: Construction and maintenance of Wage Employment schemes such as MGNREGS etc.
(d) Buildings: Buildings of PR Institutions particularly Gram Panchayat buildings, Mandal Parishad offices buildings & other ZP Buildings.
(e) Responsible for preparation and implementation of contingent plan for drought situation & Crisis management during Cyclone and floods on Rural Roads.
- To monitor the pace of implementation and take suitable measures for timely completion of programmes and schemes.
FUNCTIONS OF THE Executive Engineers PR NARAYANPET:
These Divisions are functioning based on work load and continue to be the same.
Exercises all Technical powers & duties vested/ordered by Govt.
He is a Division officer reporting to SE
He is a Division Officer co-ordinate to DPRE (District PR Engineer) as far as progress reports are concerned.
He is supported by Division office staff (Tech & Ministerial)
- Mandal Engineering Officer (AEE/AE) under the control of MPDO.