Fisheries Department Mahabubnagar :
KEY CONTACT NUMBERS (PDF 84.3 KB)
List of Components included in NCDC Programme – 1st year of implementation : NCDC SCHEME
Fisheries is one of the fast growing sector generating income and employment. This sector aims at exploitation of all the possible resources under capture and culture fishery base for increasing fish production and productivity through sustainable development. The sector is contributing considerably for, food security, nutrition and health, lively hood security to rural population, and welfare of fishers.
Activities of department of Fisheries (Mahabubnagar):-
- Implementation of various state and central sectoral schemes in the district for welfare of fishermen.
- Fisheries department will provide technical assistance to fishermen/ fish farmer for the overcome diseases and other relevant problems.
- Cage culture project is going on successfully in Koilsagar with two (2) units and another eight (8) units in Sagambanda and Bhoothpur Reservoirs.
- Organizing training programs and awareness camps for fishermen in the district and also for neighbour districts.
- 100% grant of fish seed is supplied throughout the Mahabubnagar district.
- Encouraging the people to form the new fishermen societies and fisher women societies.
- Leasing of Government water tanks to FCSs for the development of fisheries.
- Stocking of fish seed on 100% grant in reservoirs and tanks.
- Strengthening of Govt. fish seed farms.
- Establishment of fish markets in Gram Panchayaths and Municipalities.
- Establishment of community halls in PFCS.
- Installation of cage Culture units in Reservoirs.
- Subsidy for construction of fish/prawn ponds and inputs for 1st year
- Organizing SHGs of fishermen/women and providing revolving fund.
- Group Accident Insurance scheme to fishermen and ex-gratia.
- Relief-cum-savings scheme
- Assistance for construction of houses to fishermen.
iii. Extension programs: –
Conducting awareness programmes to Fishermen /Fisherwomen/ Farmers /entrepreneurs stake holders Organizing capacity building programmes to field functionaries to transfer the knowledge to farmers/fishermen Organizing field visits to educate the farmers/fishermen, Organizing state /National level workshops, seminars in coordination with the other fisheries related organizations such as KVK, ATMA, NGOs.